Authors: Erin Spencer & Emma Sable
Narrators: Ava Erickson & Andi Arndt
Length: 6 hours 51 minutes
Publisher: One Night Stand Studios
Released: Jun. 30, 2020
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Liv just wants her best friend Bex to find love.Bex just wants to stay in bed with Outlander.With 40 just around the corner, divorced single mom Bex is too busy being a chauffeur for her teenage daughter to bother swiping for dates.Her best friend Liv, who is married to the supposedly perfect man, swoops in from London on a mission to get Bex out of her own bed and in to someone else’s. Liv pushes Bex into a week-long whirlwind of dates, awkward kisses and missed connections. What could possibly go wrong when Bex agrees to Liv’s harebrained scheme of saying Yes to every possible suitor? And why is Liv so intent on fixing Bex’s love life, or lack thereof? Just what do you find out when all of your no’s turn into the yes factor?
Erin Spencer and Emma Sable are two Southern girls who met in L.A. at a mutual friend’s engagement party. They bonded over their shared love of fried shrimp, queso and The Golden Girls. After a girls’ night out in Hollywood to celebrate Emma’s birthday, the two were inspired to begin writing The Yes Factor, their first novel together.
To celebrate finishing the novel, Erin and Emma travelled to the Amalfi coast where they enjoyed a week of sunshine, pasta and Pinot Grigio. And where a few notes might have been scribbled for their next book, too!
Erin lives in L.A. and Emma now lives in London.
Multiple Audie and Earphones Award winner Andi Arndt is the narrator of hundreds of audiobooks, and a member of the Audible Narrator Hall of Fame. She’s known for romance titles, loved working on The Yes Factor with her dear friend, and has also narrated high profile releases in literary fiction, mystery / thriller, and bio / memoir, including Notorious RBG.
After sailing around the world and watching nearly a thousand sunsets from the bow of her boat like a true Viking, Ava Erickson settled down and started telling stories. Those stories can be anything from laugh-out-loud-funny rom-coms to ones with a more sexy twist. When she found out she was nominated for an Audie for her audiobook narration, she called all her girlfriends together and went to Provence, France, where they drank rosé and ate lots of bread and butter.
I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by One Night Stand Studios. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.
I received a free copy of this audio book in exchange for an honest review. I was in no way compensated.
What a giggle a minute. What a train wreck.
5 Reasons for 5 sunny stars.
- Really well written characters. The authors obviously spent a lot of time and paid a lot of attention to their special ladies. Liv and Bex are both really full characters, both with interesting back stories. I loved how far their relationship has come. How long they have been in each other’s lives and even though they have drifted apart they still managed to find their way back to each other.
- I loved that even though this story is about love and finding it, that in essence it’s not really a traditional love story. This is not your typical boy meets girl story. This is more a girl learns to love herself and finds herself story (times 2 – YAY).
- This is a really funny book. There are all these tiny tidbits of joy thrown in trough out the story line. So many little bits of idiocy from Liv’s side.
- Even though this is not your typical love story you still get a happily ever after. Even though it doesn’t come in your usual packaging – it’s still there.
- I love the female empowerment. I love how they make it okay for a woman to do what she needs to do to find her happy.
I really enjoyed this book.
Now – why did I love the narration?
2 Narrators!!! One for each of the ladies. So glad that they went with this choice because I don’t think it would have had the impact it did if we only had one voice telling us the story. Both the narrators were really excellent and did a fantastic job of bringing the characters alive.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.