So many meme’s, so many things to share, so little time. So one post. Here we go…
TTT (Top Ten Tuesday @ That Artsy Girl)
This weeks topic: Books I wish I had read a child.
This one is a bit difficult for me. My mom was SUPER religous when we were younger so I was forbidden from reading a lot of the fantasy books that kids normally grew up on. So I am going to list the books I got to read as a young adult that I probably should have read when I was a bit younger. But who’s judging right?
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling – This was and still is one of my favourite series. One I still (at the ripe oll age of 30) still like to go back to for a reread every now and then.
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R Tolkien – this one I really wish I had read as a kid because I might have enjoyed it more. As an adult I have tried (numerous times) to read it but have never managed to get further then the first 3 chapters before giving up (which is terribly disappointing as I am actually a big fan of the genre)
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis – these were amazing. But would probably have enriched my childhood a whole lot more if I had read it then 😉
- Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordon – as I picked this up in my 20’s I only managed to read the first 2 as I found it a bit juvenile. But I know I would have loved it if I read it at a younger age.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – not too sure if this is still considered a series for young adults or kids? But I fell into this way to late in life.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snickets – It is one of the few movies / series that I have watched where I DID NOT read the books. I am sure I would have loved it as a kid.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney – these look like they could have been such fun to read as a kid.
What books do you wish you could have gotten your hands on as a kid? Would you still read them now?
Teaser Tuesday @ The Purple Booker
The rules here are simple. Grab the book your busy with, open on a random page and quote 2 snippets from that page. Just don’t spoil the book for your fellow readers and don’t forget to give us the title and author of the book.
One of the books I am busy with is All the Little Moments by G Benson.
“Anna considered the text message over a glass of wine. Guiltily she put out her half-smoked cigarette, even though there was no one to see it.”
I am seriously loving this book. I am a huge fan of when a previously unencumbered adult gets thrown in the deep end with little humans as there is SO much room for character growth.
Then lastly – but most certainly NOT least:
First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros with @ Socrates Book Reviews
Up next for me is a book I am seriously looking forward to as I am a HUGE fan of C.M. Owens and I cannot wait to binge my way through this series.
“Wild Ones Tip # 293: Watch for Wild Ones. Shit usually blows up in our wake.“
“You crazy sons of bitches!” I yell as the smoke slightly clears from where Hale Vincent has just accidentally blow up our dock. His eyes are wide as he heaves himself out of the lake, his terribly long beard dripping with water.
After reading that I actually wanna just skip ahead and get started with it BUT I will do the grown up thing. Today. 😉
So fellow bookers – what do you think, do any of the above books strike your fancy? Feel like taking a stroll down memory lane and sharing which books you woulda read as a kid? Gimme some love below…
And as always – during these scary times – Be Safe!